Sunday, June 7, 2009

Crunchy Romaine Salad

I'm sorry I didn't take a picture of this salad before we ate it. Recipe came from Idaho Power's customer newsletter for May and is a wonderful change from your typical salad. I think a few green onions would have been a nice addition but I didn't have any.

Crunchy Romaine Salad Salad

1/4 cup sugar

3 tablespoons olive oil

¹⁄8 cup apple cider vinegar

1 teaspoon soy sauce

salt and pepper to taste

1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, broken into small pieces

1 tablespoon butter

¼ cup sliced almonds

2 cups chopped broccoli

1 small head romaine lettuce, torn

Dietary information per serving:

Calories: 150

Fat: 9g

Protein: 4g

Carbohydrates: 16g

Cholesterol: 5mg

Sodium: 180mg

Fiber: 2g

To make dressing combine sugar, oil, vinegar, soy sauce, salt and pepper in a jar with a tight

fitting lid; shake well and set aside. Sauté noodles, butter, and almonds in a skillet until golden

brown. In a large bowl combine romaine and broccoli. Just before serving toss romaine with

dressing and noodles.

Makes 8 servings; each about 1 cup.

7 comments:

uniquecommodities said...

Sounds yummy and healthy!

LazyTcrochet said...

That does sound delicious. I think I'll try it tonight!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! My MIL makes one very similar and I LOVE it!

Memories for Life said...

This does sound good! I love small pieces of broccoli in my salad :)

Splendid Little Stars said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Splendid Little Stars said...

That sounds delicious!

BarbaraCrochetStudio said...

I presented you with the One Lovely Blog Award. :)
Go to my blog to grab the button.
Barbara