Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Blogabsentia


Sorry I've been mostly absent from Blogland the last few weeks. I just haven't felt inspired. I've felt about as lazy as my cat, Snickers (above). We had 14 days of rain in 15 days of June (today is possibly the second day in the month without rain, but there are still 5 hours left before midnight!) At work, my mentor and friend retired and as I watched him pack up and leave, I mourned that he would be gone from my work life and also very much envied him the freedom that comes with retirement from a 40+ hour a week career.

I have a short trip coming up where I will get to see my 10 month old grand-daughter and that is sure to rejuvenate my soul.

I continue to knit, my current project is another fair isle toddler sweater that was "commissioned" by a work colleague who saw sweater #1 and wanted it in brown, for a boy. I'm working on a few modifications to the pattern (Drifting Kids Sweater) that will make it more boyish. Photo to come soon. In the meantime, I too feel I am drifting like the sweater.

10 comments:

Memories for Life said...

We all go through phases...not to worry :)
Glad to hear you're working on another sweater!!! The last one was so cute :)

BeadedTail said...

Rain can certainly dampen a mood - pardon the pun but it's true. Hopefully sunny skies will return and certainly a visit with your granddaughter will brighten your day! And that photo of Snickers is so adorable!

Desia said...

Know exactly how you feel. I've had a sick mom that has taken my time and attention. Slowly getting back into the groove though. Hang in there the creative muse is sure to return. Have fun on your trip.

TiLT said...

what they said :)
and your kitty...sooooo cute :)

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

*hugs*

And your kitten is a cutie :)

Splendid Little Stars said...

It's been extremely rainy here, too (SW Ohio). Cute, cute Snickers!

LazyTcrochet said...

I was out-of-the-loop for awhile also and am just now starting to get back to my old self. I felted a purse yesterday and it was a lot of fun! My mom had a similarly colored cat. Her name was Myrna. Beautiful!

Erika said...

I completely understand. I have to drag myself to my blog.
Snickers is so beautiful...hope your grandbaby helps with your inspiration:)

crazyladyglass said...

Hi! Just wanted you to know that I gave you the “Lovely Blog Award”
You can read about it here: http://crazyladybeads.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone else, that is a beautiful cat! : )..