Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm In-Ravelry




Today, I got my invite to Ravelry. I signed up around the first of September, much later than many others. If you don't know what Ravelry is, here is a blurb from their website:


Ravelry is a place for knitters, crocheters, designers, spinners, and dyers to keep track of their yarn, tools and pattern information, and look to others for ideas and inspiration.
The content here is all user- driven; we as a community make the site what it is. The Yarn Harlot wrote recently about Representing, showing the world the power of our community, and I believe that on this site we can really show the strength of our numbers and the depth of our creativity.
So what can you personally do on Ravelry? You can talk about your own projects, integrate that information into your personal website and contribute to someone else's project a world away.
If you are not a blogger, we give you a great way to share and show off your projects, participate in -alongs, and socialize with other crafters. If you are a blogger than Ravelry is the perfect complement to your online journal; it provides structure and organization. All of your information is easy to enter and easy to find. You will not need to update your own FO album again- it is all here on Ravelry!



I spent a few hours exploring and starting to use the site and I must say I am impressed. I entered a couple of my projects, linked to my Flickr site and uploaded pictures, wrote a few posts, and joined 5 groups. I can see this will be a new addiction for me, along with my Etsy addiction. And speaking of strength of numbers, there are over 30,000 people signed up for Ravelry. My user name on Ravelry is "homemadeoriginal" since only 16 character names are allowed I had to drop the "s" from my usual user name.

Also today, I signed up with Bloglines and created a Blog roll you will find on the right side of my blog. I'll be posting some of the blogs I like to read there.

No comments: