Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Series of Bags

Bag #2
Bag #3

Bag # 4 pre-felting


Bag #4 finished

Detail Bag #4

I got so carried away writing about food earlier tonight, I forgot to mention that I finished a series of four bags. I started with the bright green and blue bag I blogged about earlier which was a gift I adapted the "buttonhole bag" pattern from Mason-Dixon Knitting for this bag and added a large flower. I changed the pattern even more and made three other bags. They are so cute, I just love them. The first one already sold.


This weekend, I also created labels with my Etsy store banner and information and with care information on the reverse. The tags are shown on two of the finished bags. I made all these bags with a double strand of Patton's Classic Wool. I love the way it felts. The last bag was 11"long and 15 1/4" wide pre-felting and 7" long and 10 3/4" post felting. I want to experiment with making some roses and other embellishments for future bags like these.


You can see a closeup of my new tags on my Flickr account and also the little promo cards I made with potato pins. I created the promo cards and a few key rings for the Etsy FAST (Fiber Arts Street Team) Trunk Show which is coming up in November. Read about the show here.

No comments: