Thursday, July 5, 2007

Recycle, Reuse

I love to recycle and reuse. In fact, I am a thrift store junkie. My favorite thrift store of all time is the "White Elephant" in Green, Valley, Arizona. People line up around the store before they open each morning and the inventory of the White Elephant is nothing short of amazing. I've bought some wonderful wool yarns, knitting needles and an assortment of other things there on my winter visits to Arizona.






However, here I am in sunny (hot, it was 100 degrees here today) Idaho and I have to make do with the garden variety of thrift stores we have locally. Sometimes, I make a great find, like the wool sweaters I bought recently in Boise and which I have been making into cute felted bags. I finished the first one, a burgundy stripe that felted up beautifully. Today, I perfected my technique and pattern and made a lovely turquoise bag. People probably think I'm crazy because it's 100 degrees out and I'm shopping for wool sweaters.


Today, at our local DI (Deseret Industries) thrift store, I had an incredible find...a brand new, with tags, cashmere red cardigan from Lands' End for $4! It's too nice to felt, I'll probably wear it this winter.


I've had a busy couple of days, listing several new items on Etsy and creating a Flickr account full of photos as well as creating the two bags. I'm adding a hyperlink for my Flickr account to this page.

No comments: