Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Exciting news

Lots of exciting news here. Today, I found out I was featured in my first (at least I think it is my first ) Treasury on Etsy. I joined EtsyFAST, i.e. Etsy Fiber Arts Street Team. This is a group for Etsy sellers who are wanting to get the word out about Etsy and Fiber Arts. Every fiber artist is welcome here from knitting to weaving. It seems like a very talented group of folks and here is a link to their Yahoo page if you want to check it out: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EtsyFAST/


And here's a link to the Treasury though as I understand it, each one is only available for a couple of days so I believe it will be available until Friday night. http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=2657

I also recently completed what is my favorite felted bag. I started with a beautiful Woolrich sweater that I rescued from the Goodwill. This bag pattern had to be a bit different than my previous ones because it was a turtleneck sweater. I used the grey trim around the neck and waist to create a design that I needle felted onto the front pocket of the bag and then completed it with blanket stitch in grey to match.



The turquoise blue felted bag I posted earlier sold so I've made three sales so far. That may not seem like much, but I've never tried to sell my hand-crafted items before, so it is a big deal to me. I also found several new thrift store sweater candidates for bags in the future. I'm loving making something new from these recycled beauties.

I'm making good progress on my "Lucy" bag, though I hope to finish it on my upcoming vacation and will post the finished photos on my return. I'm traveling to California, then Canada over the next 12 days, so I am covering a lot of geography but also hope to have the opportunity for lots of knitting and some yarn shopping as well.





No comments: