With the engagement of my daughter, my crafting has focused on wedding-related items for the past month. Today, I made 36 of these paper flowers. Believe it or not, they are made from coffee filters. I used the instructions here but with these modifications/shortcuts:
- I folded 3 coffee filters at a time; after folding 4 times, I cut both corners off which avoided having to do other cutting later.
- I used a hot glue gun to glue the floral wire to the first filter.
- I used duct tape to secure the filters after the 5th and 10th filter, then I used floral tape to wrap over the duct tape (seemed stronger).
- A package of 200 filters in each size (4-6 cup and 8-12 cup) will make 40 flowers.
- You will need: coffee filters, floral wire, floral tape, duct tape, hot glue gun and glue, scissors