Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Window Maker Bag


Thanks to KT who helped me name my new bag. She suggested "Fenstermacher" which can be translated to Window Maker in English. I liked the sound of it, but thought The English translation would be less confusing. I also considered "Windowpane Bag" "Monet Bag" and a few other options. Thanks to everyone who commented here, on Ravelry, and on Etsy! If you knit this bag, you really will be a "window maker" making the 30 interconnected squares on the front of the bag. The bag pattern can be purchased on Ravelry or in my Etsy shop.

I was thrilled too, to get my first sale today, on Ravelry. My LYS, Mustard Seed Dreams, bought a few copies yesterday and I'll be looking at wholesale sales to a few other venues.

In the meantime, I'm trying to finish up a project that was hibernating for months, the Jojo sweater. I hope to have it finished in a week or two. And next Tuesday, I'll start a knit a long at Mustard Seed Dreams for the Phoebe sweater (pictured below); it comes with a toy mouse and sweater for the mouse as well.

2 comments:

storybeader said...

I don't know which sweater that little one is wearing, but she's adorable! Haven't heard of Ravelry before. Congrats!

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a great bag! I'm happy you've had such success selling your patterns. What an adorable sweater! I hope you show us when you are finished.