Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Just Off My Needles!


Just to prove I have been somewhat productive on my vacation, here is the Central Park Hoodie sweater I knit for myself. It's my 3rd CPH and I really like the pattern. this time I added an applied I-cord edging and plan to insert a separating zipper (once I find the right size and color, I may have to order one from Zipper Stop but I plan to check locally first). I also shortened the sleeves from the pattern instructions and increased the sleeves every 6 rows (rather than 8) to give a bit more ease. I knitted it in Patton's wool, in an "oatmeal" color. I can only think of one thing I did which I didn't like which was that I didn't take care to begin and end the ribbing on the front the same way. One side has Knit stitches at the end, the other side has purls, however that's something most people won't notice and I'm not about to frog the 300+ stitches on the ribbing just to make it perfect.


Speaking of perfect, the weather in So. Arizona is nearly perfect too. 40's in the mornings and 70's in the afternoons. I really don't want to go back to winter in Idaho, though I will be able to wear my sweater there.

No comments: