Monday, May 12, 2008

Update on RME

A few people have contacted with me with questions about RME. So, I thought I'd add a few details. If you want to accept RME as a form of payment on Etsy, you need to put "other" as a form of payment for your shop and put a statement in your profile that alerts people that you will take RME. It's a bit like google checkout in that way.

There is a list of Etsy sellers who accept RME here.

Negative points from what I know: a little more complicated to invoice buyer and you don't get that automatic shipping link in Paypal that you can use. However, you can go here and ship without using paypal for payment, or use the USPS site to do so.

I'd love to tell you I've had a purchase with RME already, but I haven't. I actually see this as more of a plus for sellers (no Paypal fees) than it is for buyers. Although now through May 15, you get $25 for signing up. And you can spend your $25 in my or another Etsy shop...or you can ask it be transferred to your bank account and use it for something else. If it sounds too good to be true, I though so too, so I read lots of information about this new service before I decided to try it.

My referral link is just below if you would like to use it to get your $25 and also give me credit. Thanks.

Refer A Friend using Revolution Money Exchange

No comments: