Saturday, February 9, 2008

Valentine Surprise


Valentine towel, originally uploaded by homemadeoriginals.

A friend sent this cute towel to me today...isn't it just darling. Seems too nice to wipe dishes with so I've just hung it on my stove handle where I can admire it.

Today, I was determined to make another cloth grocery bag, one that might be more acceptable to my BF (i.e. easy to pack). I found this great tutorial on Craftster which uses an actual plastic grocery bag as a pattern. I pretty much followed the instructions except I added buttonholes in hopes that the bag will go on the bag holder in the store. Tomorrow will be the test. There is a pocket on the front and you are supposed to be able to fold up the bag and put it in the pocket. Don't know if I made it too small or if my fabric is a bit too thick (it really wasn't heavy) but that part doesn't seem to work too well. I'm sure I can think of something to stash in the pocket (and hopefully not forget to take out when I get home).
Not a plastic grocery bag

I visited two thrift stores today. I bought about 5 or 6 wool sweaters for fulling (felting) but my all time best find, was this doll sized quilt, hand-stitched for 25 cents:
Doll quilt-Thrift store find

I thought about cutting it up and making it into a knitting needle roll or a bag, but I may just have to wait and see if I am getting a grandaughter this summer in which case I may keep it intact for her.

1 comment:

amy said...

I love your plaid brownish "not a plastic grocery bag" I should check out your shop.