Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Thread collection- Day 73 of Crafting 365

This is probably about 1/4 of my thread collection. I seldom have to make a trip to the fabric store for thread. I acquired a whole box of thread at the thrift store (not shown here) for $3 too. Do you like the way "Jack" is guarding my thread collection?

The past couple of days, I've been working on a project that has been very frustrating. I wanted to make fingerless mittens to match the "Cecily Beanie" I posted a few days ago. My first attempt looked nice, but were way too big, even though I knitted to the gauge in the pattern.
Fingerless mitten - Crafting Day 72
Late yesterday, I started over, making ribbing at both ends of the 2nd mitt and I am much more satisfied. I'm part way through the second one and should be able to finish them up in time for my daughter's birthday. The lighting was obviously different for these two photos, because this is the same yarn. This is one of the hazards of trying to photograph indoors, at night without a light tent!
Try #2 for fingerless mitts-Crafting Day 73

No comments: