Thursday, January 3, 2008

Baby Booties finished, Day 67

I'm so pleased with how these turned out especially since I struggled with them a bit at first. By the second one, I got the hang of keeping all the stitches on the dp needles almost all of the time, only had to pick up a couple of dropped stitches. I braided yarn for the ties rather than crocheting them, but otherwise followed the pattern on Fuzzy Galore's website. I love the fact that these are "nontraditional" as far as not being the typical blue, pink, yellow or green that's often used for baby items. Well, I'm sure I may make some of those as well.

I've been really ignoring my Etsy store the past week or 10 days. I have a few new items I need to finish up and list and hope to get to that this weekend.

Now, I need to go to Flickr and pick my Flickr photo of the week to blog about tomorrow.

My next projects are a Baby Bib o'love from Mason Dixon Knitting and the Cecily Beanie for my daughter's birthday. The beanie pattern came in my recent Knitting Daily from Interweave Press. I ogled a bunch of different yummy yarn at the LYS and selected Fantasy by Dark Horse Yarns for the hat (50% nylon, 50% acrylic for the hat. The big will be made with Sugar and Cream cotton.

No comments: