Sunday, December 2, 2007

Snow folk treasury, Crafting Day 37


snow folk treasury, originally uploaded by homemadeoriginals.

I managed to be at the right place at the right time tonight and got an Etsy treasury. I had decided it would be fun to find photos of "snow folk" (not necessarily just snow men). I love the "sand" version of the snowman and the snowman photo on the beach.

Today, we went to Tucson. While there I found a beautiful grey cashmere turtleneck sweater at the Goodwill store and a cute striped sweater to felt.

On the way, to and from I manged to work on knitting this. Yesterday I knitted and made my own pattern for a neck warmer (the first pattern I actually wrote down properly) with a single cable up the middle. I was pleased with it, but not with the way buttons worked on it. So today, version 2 involved decreasing a stitch in two spots to create little holes and then going around the holes with buttonhole stitch. I've tried to show this in the closeup. This seemed to have worked very well. I love the bulky natural yarn which I found at the White Elephant. I have lots more so have to decide if I am going to make a bag, more neck warmers, or something else with it. Unfortunately, there is not enough for a sweater.

No comments: