Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Arizona stocking Crafting Day 39


Arizona stocking, originally uploaded by homemadeoriginals.

This was my first real project with my new Arizona sewing machine (I did put a zipper in my Retro bag yesterday). I made a pair of Christmas stockings out of recycled sweaters. Practically everything used to create these came from a thrift store...the sweaters (including the original buttons), the felt I put on the back, the thread I used for the hand stitching, and of course the sewing machine.

Today, I also worked on a couple of zippered pouches out of this same sweater fabric. I couldn't find a plain background for my photo, so took this on the front of my villa.

The retro bag is done unless I decide I want a new embellishment on it, but I haven't photographed it yet. Maybe tomorrow.

S. Arizona was beautiful again today, it was 80 degrees with a gorgeous blue sky. It is going to be hard, indeed, to go back home soon.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That stocking is so cute with the buttons on! I love that it is obviously recycled.