Sunday, July 29, 2007

Etsy in the News, Denim Diaper Bag



I found this link to this news story in one of the Etsy forums today. It does a great job of explaining a little of the history of Etsy and how it works/what it is:



This weekend, I had the challenge of coming up with a baby gift for my friend's grand-daughter for a shower next week. A week or so ago I was talking with a young Mom and she commented that I should get into making diaper bags since there are few good looking ones. As I was browsing at the local thrift store yesterday, I had the thought that I could make a cute bag from denim. I found two pairs of pastel colored jeans (green and yellow) and a pair of pink denim shorts and began cutting, assembling and sewing with fabric from a regular blue pair of jeans I had already. I wanted to create lots of pockets and a wide side gusset to make the bag deep. I added elastic at the tops and bottoms of some of pockets to make them "baby bottle friendly". There was enough cute Daisy Kingdom fabric in my stash to make the lining. I hope my friend's daughter in law is as thrilled with this bag as I am!





1 comment:

stephanie davidson said...

Hello! I just tried sending you a message via Etsy. I love the denim diaper bag that you made and posted here and just wondered if it may me possible to order a similar one? I am at the end of my 8th month of pregnancy and have been looking for a bag like the one you made. I look forward to hearing from you, thanks alot in advance!