Saturday, July 16, 2011

Stich Sampler Vest


Stitch sampler vest

Project info
Stitch sampler vest
Elongated Stitch Sampler Top by Suzanne Bryan
Knitting
me
M
Needle and yarn
: Size 3 circular
Misti Alpaca Pima Cotton & Silk Hand Paint
2 skeins = 654.0 yards (598.0m)
: csp12
: 8252
Notes

I love the variety of stitches in this sampler, but I got stuck on two of them. One I found how to do searching the internet and the other one I got a kind response from the pattern creator.

For the double twisted drop stitch, I found this link useful
and for Esparta stitch, Suzanne provided this clarification:

I am sorry that those directions were not more clear. On row two you drop the extra wraps from row one, just work one stitch for each original stitch. Then again when you repeat row 1, you will drop the extra wraps from row 2. This pattern was found in the Mon Tricot knitting dictionary 1030 Stitches Patterns

7/15: finished knitting. I used almost all of the two skeins, about 600 yds; current wet blocking it which opened up the stitches and lengthened it a few inches. I’m still very glad I added length to the vest. I am thinking I will wear this open and may not bother with the buttons.

viewed 1 time
Finished
June 19 2011
July 15 2011

1 comment:

Memories for Life said...

Great colors! Very tropical and summery :)