Sunday, February 13, 2011

Your favorite slow cooker recipes


I am trying to find some great slow cooker (crock pot) recipes. I've rediscovered the crock pot as a great way to have dinner ready when I come home from work. Would you be so kind to send a link, post, or email your favorites?

Here is a favorite I've already made two or three times. I adapted it from a recipe found online and I would love to give credit to the original (though I did make a few changes) but I can't find it.

Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore

· ¼ cup all-purpose flour

· 4-6 chicken thighs

· small amount of chicken broth (optional)

· 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes with chilies undrained

· 1 can or jar artichokes hearts, drained and quartered

· 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms or 1 small can mushrooms

· 1/3 cup chopped onion

· 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic

· 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed

· 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed

  • Put everything in crock pot, and sprinkle the flour on top. Stir. Cover and cook on low heat for at least 4.5 hours (may cook longer and turn to warm) or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve over rice or pasta.

1 comment:

Dayna said...

TRY THIS BLOG....ALL SORTS OF IDEAS!

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/