Monday, January 17, 2011

Silly Me

Silly me, I thought the idea of a head band made from recycled wool sweaters was new to me. The inspiration to make some came to me when I recently contemplated knitting one. To my surprise, many others have had the idea well before me. But, their efforts provide lots of inspiration. Here's a few of my favorites. If you find others, please let me know and I will add them to the list.

Oh So Crafty: Felted Sweater Headband












From Crafty Meg, How to Make a Felted Wool Heart Headband











From Maya Made, How To: Simple Floral EarMuff-headband













From Bitter Betty Blogs, Felt Pom Flower and Cashmere Headband










And a bonus for readers, while I was searching for headbands, I found this wonderful list of 100 + ways to reuse your old sweaters from Always Chrysti. I was even more thrilled to see she had linked to my Flickr account. Unfortunately, my link there is outdated and so it didn't work.

3 comments:

Memories for Life said...

I really like that first one...very pretty!

storybeader said...

I like the idea of the headband/ear muff combo. Great for those cold days outside. I think Cozy Life has some, but I'm not sure what they're made from...{:-D

TiLT said...

great inspirations! and I've been wanting to find some recycle'y things to do with sweaters...thanks for the link!