Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Favorite Halloween Costumes


When I was young, my favorite costume was a black cat costume my mother made for me, complete with tail and hat with ears and with whiskers drawn on with an eyeliner pencil.

When my children were young, I created a few special costumes. One year, I made this Beetle Juice costume for my son. He was a pirate one year and a ghost another year. I made a clown costume for my daughter (with an adult sized one to match for me) and another year she wore this wonderful hand-me-down from a friend, a big bird costume made out of yellow fun fur. These are a few of the memorable Halloween costumes I recall.

5 comments:

Memories for Life said...

Those are great! I had a friend who always had a handmade costume every year...hers were the best!

storybeader said...

what a great pair! It must be fun, having homemade, original costumes!

TiLT said...

so great!!! The Beetlejuice turned out great...make up too :)

Blair said...

That's one of the best Big Bird costumes I've ever seen!

We also have some great costume ideas and craft ideas at:

http://www.favecrafts.com/Halloween-Kids-Crafts/19-Homemade-Halloween-Costumes#

Betty said...

Just adorable! It reminds me of the time I made a crow costume for my boyfriend & I was a scarecrow.