Sunday, December 27, 2009

T Shirt Quilt--Christmas gift





This was a Christmas gift for my son, so I didn't want to reveal it earlier. My son had a huge collection of old t-shirts that he didn't want to part with, but which were in rather poor condition. I used some iron on interfacing to line them and make them a little more sturdy and less stretchy, then complimented them with some strips of plain t-shirt to make the design. I backed the quilt with a light brown flannel and machine quilted it. I bought a walking foot for my sewing machine which made the project much easier to do.

6 comments:

storybeader said...

great looking quilt Frances! That's really a homemade original! And all the memories - I bet he loves it!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! I know your son will treasure this forever!

joeyandaleethea said...

That's such a great quilt! Fun project too I bet!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely, totally, and completely awesome!

Linda E. Pruitt said...

Nice job! I am making one, using the same method, for my daughter and her girls. They gave me a ton of their school T-Shirts with all the different logo from walk-a-thons etc. It will be blue and white. obviously due to school colors.

Shell Mitchell said...

Great idea!!