Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Banner Week


This week, I passed 300 sales in my Etsy shop! I took a screen shot to post here, but just noticed that it doesn't show the completed sales. Now that I'm at 301 sales, it hardly seems worth sharing a screen shot of that.

I did a little analysis of my Etsy sales data as follows:
First sale on Etsy: June 25, 2007 I sold two items
Since that time, I've sold 227 knitting patterns
I've sold 29 of my hand knitted neck warmers
I've sold 44 other items
Lesson learned: I need to find time to create more knitting patterns. They are also incredibly easy to sell because they can be emailed to the buyer and don't require shipping or the purchase of materials.

Also, this week I had the second of my two glass bead making classes. This was at the local college craft shop. There were five students in the class, and I was the one who made the fewest beads in our two sessions. The photo above shows my product from two weeks' classes. I did manage to make two somewhat odd buttons which was my motivation for learning glass bead making. I wanted to see if it was a viable option for making buttons. I do think it could be although fused glass may be an even better option. To do it right I would have to invest a considerable amount in equipment and materials and I don't think I'm ready for that.

2 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

Hand made buttons for your neck warmers would be great! Congratulations on all the sales! Selling patterns does seem like a smart area to invest in.

Memories for Life said...

Congrats on the sales. And it's so great that your patterns are the best sellers...so easy to relist and resell :)
Your buttons and beads are cute!