Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Twas the Night Before..

the night before Christmas. Not a creature is stirring here, I'm worn out from knitting, making things, shopping, wrapping, decorating, and working at my day job while doing all these things. Tomorrow I'll work a half day at most and then concentrate on cooking up a great Christmas eve dinner of ham with gold sauce*, potato casserole, and maybe some vegetables. From there, I just hope to relax and enjoy Christmas.

The hat above is my most recent knitting creation. I made three of these little gems over the past couple of days, but this is the only one that isn't wrapped up under the tree and it's also the only one out of soft, warm alpaca. It's available in my shop, also available knitted to order in your choice of colors, if you want to treat yourself to something really snugly soft and warm.


*Gold Sauce
To serve with vegetables or ham—we like it with ham.

Ingredients:
½ cup sugar
4 tsp dry mustard
1 t salt
2 eggs
½ cup milk
½ cup vinegar
¼ cup melted butter (optional)

Directions:
Mix sugar, mustard, and salt in top of double boiler (or put saucepan inside fry pan containing water). In a bowl, beat eggs and milk and pour this into the dry mix, then add vinegar and melted butter. Cook gently over boiling water for 15 minutes.

No comments: