Saturday, November 1, 2008

I DID IT and a New Challenge, Day 1


blueheart, originally uploaded by copelandh75.

No sooner than I finished my year long challenge of Crafting every day for 365 days than I found myself committing to another one, 30 blog posts for the 30 days in November. My Flickr crafting challenge became a routine for me, spending some time each day working on a project and then posting a photo representing it. I just realized that it must have become routine because I forgot to even mention my completion of the 365 days of crafting here. When I started the project I assigned myself last October, I wasn't sure if I could complete it but I thought the only way to find out was to commit and try and I DID IT!!! I literally did not take a day off from crafting in some form for a whole year.

I don't know if I'll be able to do as well with this shorter, but more challenging project. I'll do my best but several business trips and a couple of craft fairs will create interfering priorities. I was inspired to proceed by a post on Derfwad Manor where Heather said:
Mrs. G. has been light in posting this week, because she is gearing up for her second year of November's National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo), a marathon writing event where bloggers all over the world commit to 30 posts in 30 days. If you are looking to increase your readership, fortifying your writing chops, interested in finding new and different blogs, head over there and check it out. NaBloPoMo is where Mrs. G. found her voice and most of her current readers. Come on, you know you want to do it.

I do hope you will pop over to my Flickr and enjoy all 365 photos in my Crafting 365 set or check out the slide show in the right margin of the blog. Here is a collage of the last 60 photos/days:
Crafting 365, Final 60 days

3 comments:

Kate Carpenter said...

Way to go on meeting your challenge! And I look forward to reading your posts over the next month. :)

storybeader said...

that's a great challenge to yourself! WOW - you did it! Makes a beautiful collage. I'm kinda interested in the election results. Gonna try to find a widget to fit my sides. Congrats!!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

That's awesome that you did the 365 thing successfully! Good luck with this new challenge :D