Counting and counting....I estimate that I started this Christmas stocking back in 1983, that's the year the kit was published. It was going to be a stocking for my son. The counted cross stitch ended up being very tedious for me. I have done a few projects in the intervening years, most notably the "Seasons" picture that is hanging in my living room and the "Hearts' picture that is in my kitchen. I also made a cute Christmas angel hanging that I'll try to remember to photograph when I get the holiday items out for the year.
Now that I have a grand daughter and she will be celebrating her first Christmas, I had renewed motivation to try to finish this project. I'm now involved in a sprint to the finish because I'd like to take it with me when I leave for a visit with them on Tuesday. Everything has to be finished my Tuesday (that's the day after tomorrow, yikes!)
Last night I finished the "jumper" I was making for my daughter in law. The pattern comes from Cleckheaton Merino Spun #953 and the yarn I selected was Cascade Sierra. I wanted something that would be appropriate for So. California weather. I'm not too pleased with the yarn, it is very pesky to weave in (and particularly to have it stay after washing) and I ended up with zillions of little fuzz balls on the sweater after washing which I was able to remove, but I wonder what it will be like after she washes it the first time. I do love the design of this sweater in spite of the interminable stockinette stitch and ribbing for the collar. The photo shows how the pattern is supposed to look. Mine is much more slouchy or sloppy looking in the Sierra yarn, but I hope my DIL will find it to be a comfortable wear anytime sweater.