Saturday, November 24, 2007

Spider web


Spider web, originally uploaded by Altered Angel.



Isn't this a great photo of the week? I know I am a day late with my Friday Flickr photo and also that I haven't blogged in almost a week. I've been on vacation and am thoroughly enjoying myself. Today, it's cool and a bit wet here and it seems like a good day to stay inside and get caught up on blogging, Flickr, and my store.

I love the way that Altered Angel caught the detail in this photo, both the intricate spider web design and the water droplets. Isn't the spider nature's most wonderful weaver? The skill of the spider makes me want to warp up my loom and weave. I haven't used my floor loom in decades, actually, I'm sure I've forgotten how to warp it up. But I do plan to get back to it someday. Altered Angel is one of my newer contacts, she is apparently from the UK, check out her craftiness and her photos here. I don't know if she has an Etsy store, though I'll look for her there.

In addition to vacationing this week, I've been working on a large bag which I will be felting. I'm probably at least 2/3 of the way done with the knitting. I've stayed with my crafting 365 quest and today is day 29. Here are the most recent photos of the bag and i-cord strap which I worked on the last several days:

I've also found three or four wonderful wool sweaters for felting at the local thrift stores. Not sure if I'll get started on those while I'm here because I don't have access to a sewing machine. That may have to be a thrift store find in the future.

I've also been a bit challenged by a location for my photos in the villa, but found I could also take photos outside on a rock on my patio:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That spiderweb is a great photo. I love the color. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.