Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pursuit of Happyness/Crafting 365/32


Crafting 365/32, originally uploaded by homemadeoriginals.

I'm not quite mid-way through my vacation. I am pleased to report that I had a wonderfully relaxing day:
1) slept in to almost 8:00 and then did my usual "computer thing"--email, blogs, Etsy, Flickr, etc. while drinking coffee.
2) visited two great thrift stores
3) my SO made us whole wheat pancakes for breakfast
4) felting a new sweater I picked up for a buck at the thrift store...beautiful beige Shetland wool. I discovered after the first felting why it was at the thrift store, because there were at least 4 small moth holes that became much larger. This was followed by more knitting and time on the computer.
5) visiting with my neighbor then fixed lunch--turkey san on delicious home made bread I made with me *new* bread maker (thrift store purchase several days ago for $8)
6) more computer fun plus knitting. I've started a yellow scarf, very simple stockinette pattern.
7) an hour at the gym and visiting the lapidary shop to look at jewelry lovelies. I also learned about the upcoming craft show and how I might participate next year.
8) more knitting and computer. By the way, the yellow yarn is something I picked up at the thrift store, 3 skeins for a couple of bucks!
9) dinner
8) movie (I picked up 3 dvds from the library and since they were free, the price was definitely right. Last night we watched "The Pursuit of Happyness" with Will Smith. I give it a ****)

So after thinking about my wonderful day, I realized it was a pretty perfect day of practice for retirement (not totally perfect because it was in the 60's at best and not a warm Arizona day). You could say I succeeded in my own "pursuit of happyness" for the day.

P.S. Yes, I know it's really spelled happiness. Well, you have to see the movie if you haven't already.

No comments: