Sunday, August 5, 2007

Sage green felted bag, matching key fob pattern




This is my third "Lucy" bag and the one I like best so far. I made the "Large bag" with Lion wool in sage but made the shorter handle that is in the pattern for the small bag, i.e. I made the long handle 24". The Lion wool felts really well and I found that I didn't need to run the wash cycle very long to get this bag to it's final size of about 11 1/2 " W 11" H with a 8 1/2 " circular bottom and a 11 1/2" drop to the longer strap. It's the perfect size for a purse.





With the remaining yarn ( I had 3 skeins), I made an interior pocket for the bag and a matching key fob.


Key fob pattern:

Size 10.5 needles (I used dp needles)
Lion wool
Cast on 7 stitches and knit for about 4"
Bind off one stitch on beginning and end of next row
Knit one row
Bind off one stitch at the beginning and end of the next row
(You now have 3 stitches)
Knit about 4" more.
Bind off leaving a 12" tail.
Thread yarn tail in needle, put short end of fob through a key ring and firmly attach to the other side.
Felt in washer.


I'd like to put a matching button (same as the bag) on the keyfob, but haven't been able to find another one. Here's a photo of the finished key fob:

No comments: