Saturday, June 30, 2007

Progress on Quilt

This afternoon, I finished assembling all the quilt pieces after creating and attaching the design to one of the middle squares of the quilt. I used a t-shirt transfer sheet and the logo from the wedding invitation to create it, ironed it on to some cotton fabric and sewed that on to the quilt square. Next steps will be to add a light batting and the backing fabric (plaid flannel) and then tie the quilt. I'm pretty pleased with how it looks so far. Since I assembled the pieces in squares of 9 patches I didn't have as much trouble getting it to square up as I have when I have made long strips of squares (in previous quilt projects). After about 5 of these blankets, I seem to have developed some shortcuts in design and assembly.

No comments: